1. Dry skin brushing stimulates your lymphatic system, aiding in detoxification; when your lymphatic system is not working properly, waste and toxins can build up and make you sick.
2. Dry skin brushing also boosts your circulation, exfoliates your skin, may reduce cellulite, and offers both stress relief and invigoration.
3. Choose a dry skin brush with firm natural bristles and brush once a day, before wetting skin in the shower.
4. You should use gentle pressure while brushing (always brush toward your heart):
• Begin with the soles of your feet and brush vigorously in circular motions.
• Continue brushing up your legs.
• Proceed to your hands and arms.
• Brush your abdomen area, shoulders and neck.
• Use circular counter-clockwise strokes on the abdomen.
**Be gentle around sensitive areas, and do not brush open wounds. Your skin should be pink (but not red) after a session