Made with a mix of almond flour and oat flour, these blueberry oatmeal muffins are gluten free, dairy free and packed with nutritious ingredients.
1 cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour
1 cup packed super fine blanched almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin cup tin with coconut or avocado oil (this is important so that they do not stick!).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup oat flour (reserving the 2 tablespoons for later), almond flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In a separate large bowl, mix together the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk, olive oil and apple cider vinegar until smooth and well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. In a small bowl toss blueberries and remaining 2 tablespoons oat flour together, then gently fold them into the batter.
5. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups, filling 3/4 of the way full.
6. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted come out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
7. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely.
8. Makes 9 medium muffins (or 12 small muffins).